Chef Jobs in Japan for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorships (300+ Vacancies Today): Seeking to work in a restaurant in one of the biggest industrial state in the planet? We’re happy to have you here as we shall be looking at Chef Jobs in Japan for foreigners and locals.
As someone who is has previous experience as a chef and living outside Japan, this is your opportunity to work and live in Japan legally with a resident permit from the Japanese government. It also doesn’t matter which country you are reading this from as there are some employers who are ready and willing to hire you with visa sponsorship to Japan.
See below for further information about Chef Jobs in Japan.
Details on Chef Jobs
Across many cities and towns in Japan, there are lots of chef jobs available for both locals and foreigners residing within and outside the country.
As a Chef working in Japan, you duties and roles are usually limited to the kitchen department since your role is to prepare dishes.
Furthermore, the overall details on chef jobs in Japan entails that you will be responsible for meal preparation, giving/taking instruction to other cooks or from the executive chef.
See below for details on amount earned by chef workers in Japan.
What is Chef Job Salary in Japan?
Chef workers in Japan earn roughly $13 – $19 per hour spends on duty. Though, some employers may decide to pay you even more depending on their capacity or work experience you’ve achieved in the past.
See below for available vacancies to apply for employment as a chef in Japan with free visa sponsorship.
Available Chef Jobs in Japan (Some with Visa Sponsorship)
Sous Chef (2 vacancies)
- Salary: $73,098–$121,828 a year
- Job type: Full-time
Full Job Description
- Faculty/Division: VP – University Operations
- Department: Food Services
- Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
St. George campus Food Services is a self-funded department which provides residential dining, retail and catering services to the downtown campus of Canada’s largest university. The model combines a large self-operated “core” operation with a number of smaller outsourced satellites (primarily retail/franchise). The Sous Chef is responsible for Residence Dining, Retail, Onsite Catering, Catering on Campus and the Food Services Commissaries.
As part of the Food Services Management Team (FSMT), along with the University of Toronto Food Services Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for coordinating, planning, supervising the production, preparation and presentation of food and non-alcoholic beverage for multiple location operated by University of Toronto Food Services. This includes ensuring that the facility is a safe, sanitary work environment. All production must conform to all the standards and regulations outlined by the University of Toronto Food Services policies and procedures.
The Sous Chef will provide support to all food and beverage areas within a number of assigned locations, and manages staff in relation to all food and beverage related policies and procedures. The Sous Chef provides relief to and acts as backup for the FSMT. The incumbent must be extremely organized, detailed-oriented and able to respond to multiple, time sensitive requests for service by students, guests and staff in a professional, courteous and customer service conscious manner.
Certified Red Seal Chef qualification certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience. University degree, preferably in business or hospitality or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Province of Ontario food service regulations, contract food service management companies method of operations, catering/hospitality standards, health & safety regulations. Also required to understand/have experience with meal plan and other systems – how they work, key success factors, how to implement. Familiarity with conference, residence and other campus operations.
Must have 3 to 5 years experience overseeing the operation of a large, multi-unit commercial food and beverage establishment. Business and project management experience preferred. Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession. This includes experience in human resources management, including the knowledge required for management of people, employee training and leadership experience. Experience resolving complex problems and food and beverage management. Proven management ability; expertise in food preparation acquired through progressive Chef positions in appropriate establishments; vegetarian and cultural expertise.
All manual skills consistent with a Sous Chef position. Must have working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, demonstrated oral and written communication skills; effective problem solving. Project management skill is a key component of this position.
Able to communicate clearly, effectively and tactfully with all levels of the University community. Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure. Must have good motivational, organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
CHEF DE PARTIE (FULL-TIME)
Salary: $23.50 an hour
Job type: Full-time
- Pulled from the full job description
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Full Job Description
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Chef De Partie to join our culinary team
This is an exciting role in the Culinary Department to apply your culinary passion and create flawless dining experiences for our guests
What is expected of me in this role?
- Preparing, cooking and presenting hot and cold dishes
- Ensuring high standards of food hygiene and following health and safety regulations
- Ability to train colleagues on accurate station set up, cooking techniques, cleaning routines and food presentation of all dishes
- Assist in menu design, specials and creation of recipes
- Successfully manning multiple stations on hot cooking lines and departments with the culinary department
- Adhere to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintain temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintain appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- True desire and passion for food, cooking – eagerness to learn, a keen eye for detail
- Flexible availability to allow the most effective scheduling within the department
- 4 years of previous culinary experience working in a professional kitchen setting
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred
- Red Seal or equivalent in professional cooking
- Ability to guide entry and intermediate-level cooks towards the most professional approach to work
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of WORKING AT THE HYATT REGENCY CALGARY?
- Extended Health Benefits for you and your dependents and paid medical days 30 days after joining
- Mental Health Programming – Headspace and Not Myself Today
- Dedicated colleague wellbeing and relaxation room.
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions
- Discounted Parking
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Discounts at our on-site restaurant Thomsons Kitchen/Bar
- Discounts at our on-site Spa-Stillwater Spa Services and Spa Products
- Complimentary hotel nights and Friends and Family discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Complimentary access to our pool and Stay Fit Gym
Conclusion: How to Secure a High Income Chef Job in Japan as an International Applicant
Hope you found value after reading through our content as we believe you reading this now means you’ve completely consume our piece on top income chef job vacancies in Japan for locals and foreign applicants. We advise you scroll back to read if otherwise as we talked about a lot of which you won’t want to miss out.
From above, we talked about chef job employment in general, salary scale for Chef jobs available in Japan, top vacancies in Japanese and foreign restaurants in Japan to apply for employment. We advise you take action by sending multiple application to recent published job offers you qualify for.
Do you have further questions or feedback to add in relation to the just concluded topic “Chef Jobs in Japan for International Applicants?” Please do so by using the comment section below.